Sunday, September 19, 2010

Summer experience part II: IBF, Bingen

Hey guys,
as I promised last month, I make a new post telling you about my time at the IBF Bingen. 
Actually I had no idea that there was another bodypainting festival in Germany just one week after the great time I had in Seeboden. When some of my friends I met in Austria told me to go there, I didn't even think about it. I booked the flight and applied for the contest the day I came back home from Austria.
The next few hours I spent thinking about what I was going to do and finally I decided to make a mermaid, as the topic was "Fantasy" and the festival took place just next to the Rhine.
I got inspired by pictures I found all over the Internet, photos, comics, paintings and some fairytales I remembered from my childhood. The day after I did the headpiece which was kind of difficult as I was under time-pressure and, believe it or not, I COULDN'T FIND ANY SHELLS IN BARCELONA! So i had to wing it a lot with things I found all over my place (like fridge-magnets, stones, bast and doily).
First of all, I was quite impressed about the countryside of Bingen with the Rhine and the vineyards all over the hills around the town. A very charming place!! I actually am from Germany but I had never been to this part of Germany before so I was kind of surprised to see Germany from a tourist's point of view ;)
I was so glad to see faces of people I got to know in Austria and to spend time with them. And also I really enjoyed meeting new people like our wonderful model Sabine (thanks to Wolf again for presenting her to us!!) or Erasmo from Malaga, our tent-mate ;D
After all, it was great fun there, making new experiences like always having a rescue blanket when painting outdoors and not to paint too many small details when presenting on stage.
And remember ALWAYS to have 2 copies of the music you want to play in the presentation.
Here's a photo of our model Sabine, taken by Keck Photography. 



I really miss you guys and can't wait to see you again in march to rock Almere! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment